Healthy Hair is a direct expression of an individual’s personality. Excessive hair loss can be a problem, often causing worry and affecting self esteem. An unhealthy lifestyle is also one of the causes of hair fall. you can control hair fall naturally at home with healthy Lifestyle and certain natural tips.
How Much Hair Fall Is Normal? : Hair fall is actually quite a normal phenomenon, where you lose up to 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. It is when start to lose more than that you need to worry. Hair fall, when it happens in its natural course, is backed by hair growth. But if the rate of hair loss exceeds the frequency of natural hair regrowth, it is a cause for concern. Hair fall can lead to baldness.
Causes of hair fall : Hair fall is caused due to many factors. They include;
1. Minimize Stress : Stress is a common problem these days faced by almost everyone. Extreme stress can cause sudden hair loss to life-threatening medical conditions. Minimize stress through exercise, meditation, yoga and massages will reduce your chances of experiencing hair loss. Also Read : How to earn Money from google
2. Hereditary Causes : Hair fall that happens due to genetic reasons is also known as androgenetic alopecia. It is the most common cause of hair fall. This gene can be inherited from your family.
3. Hormonal Imbalance : Hormonal imbalances caused due to menopause, pregnancy, and malfunctioning thyroid glands are also responsible for causing hair fall.
4. Ageing : Some other causes of hair fall are aging. As we age, the rate at which our hair grows tends to slows down. Hair strands get smaller and have less pigment, and hair becomes thinner, finer, and grey. In order to keep your hair healthy, eat whole foods which help to keep your body youthful
5. Genetics : Hair loss that is genetic is known as androgenetic alopecia and is known to be the most common cause of hair loss. The gene can be inherited from either your mother’s or father’s side of the family, though you’re more likely to have it if both of your parents had hair loss.
6. Hormonal Imbalance : Hormonal imbalance can also cause hair loss. This is usually caused by excessive dihydrotestosterone conversion.
7. Protein Deficiency : Our hair is made up of a protein called keratin. Deficiency of this protein in your diet can weaken your hair. This results in dry and brittle hair that breaks easily. This can also be a symptom of thyroid related issues, so consult your doctor.
8. Nutritional deficiencies : It could be possible that essential nutrients may be missing from your diet such as iron, copper, zinc and proteins. Deficiency of vitamin D is another cause of hair loss. In order to avoid this, make sure to get out and soak up some sun.
9. Unhealthy Food : Junk food is considered harmful because it hardly provides your body any nutrients and makes it vulnerable to health conditions. Eating junk food can lead to nutritional deficiencies which can cause hair fall and baldness. People with eating disorders are also likely to suffer from excessive hair loss
10. Hair styling products : Over-treated hair can lead to hair loss due to the toxic chemicals found in dyes and styling products. It is advisable to stick to natural shampoos and dyes. Harsh chemical treatments, such as straightening and curling, can weaken your hair follicles when frequently done. This contributes to more hair fall. Also Read : How to influence People and make friends
Lifestyle Tips for controlling hair fall
1. Keep The Dandruff Away: Dandruff is one of the most common issues that occur because of extreme dryness of the scalp. It is one of the main causes of hair fall in winter. Use an anti-dandruff cleanser to prevent hair fall.
2. Don’t Tie Your Hair Too Tight: Wear your hair loose, even while going to bed. Pulling your hair too tight from the roots causes damage and hence, should be avoided. It is also best to not tie your hair tight while sleeping
3. Take care of the hair that you have : Strands are never more fragile and prone to breakage when wet. Hence it’s important to use a wide toothed comb or let them air dry first before any form of styling. Never brush wet hair, and avoid rubbing your hair dry with a towel. Instead, Additionally, avoid harsh hair treatments, such as dyeing and getting perms. Avoid using heated hair equipment as they make your hair even drier and rough.
4. Keep your Scalp Clean : A dirty scalp is always prone to infections. Make it a point to regularly shampoo and condition your scalp with reliable products. Keeping your hair clean will prevent dandruff problems. It will also keep itching and hair lice at bay which are among the main causes of hair fall. Besides washing, hair should be brushed properly.
5. Regular Trims : Hair tends to be the most damaged near the tips, and a good trim in every six to eight weeks can help solve your woes. Damaged hair has straw-like texture, and can be chopped off to promote growth and remove split ends.
6. Reduce stress, Practice meditation : Stress is one of the root causes for a lot of health problems, including hair loss. It can also disrupt the process of hair growth and lead to premature graying. Again, meditation and yoga on regular basis can prove to be a good stress buster. Meditation will reduce stress and restore your hormonal balance. Do some exercise like walking, swimming, cycling.
7. Avoid taking hot showers : As comforting as hot showers are, it dehydrates strands and strips the scalp of its natural oils, leading to dry, brittle hair that’s more prone to breakage.
8. Oiling : Oiling improves blood circulation and nourishes the roots. Make sure to massage your tresses once a week with oil that suits your scalp. Cover it with a shower cap and wash it off with a mild shampoo after two hours.
9. Follow a healthy lifestyle : Mental stress is one of the major contributing factors for hair fall. Practicing meditation is a great way to ease mental stress and restore hormonal imbalance. Using too much heat and chemicals on the hair should be avoided. If you are using a hair gel, make sure you wash it off the very next day Proper sleep is also vital for overall health including hair health.
10. Have A Balanced Diet: Have a balanced diet Include loads of vitamins and minerals in your diet by having fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts. This will help control hair fall. A balanced diet goes a long way in maintaining the overall health, including hair health. To combat hair fall, Include more high-protein foods and vegetables in your diet. Eating lean meats, fish, soy, or other proteins may help to curb hair loss.
11. Say No To Junk Food : It has been proven time and again that consumption of junk food can cause hair fall. Junk food contains excessive calories and no essential nutrients, which can eventually lead to hair loss. You can, instead, switch to including more of green leafy vegetables, protein-rich foods, and fruits in your diet.
12. Stop smoking cigarettes : Smoking negatively impacts your health in many ways, including smoking can accelerate hair loss and also the graying process of your hair because the toxins in the cigarettes can cause hair follicles to become damaged. In addition to these smoking can increase your risk of heart disease and respiratory illness. Try to quit or at least cutting back in order to minimize hair loss. Proper sleep is also vital for overall health including hair health. Avoid tobacco and alcohol as much as possible.
Healthy Diet for healthy hair :
While treatments and shampoos do play a role in maintaining healthy hair, the secret to thick, shiny, strong tresses is a healthy diet.
1. Spinach : Spinach is a natural conditioner. contains vitamin A, C, Protein, calcium, potassium, magnesium and omega-3. These help in maintaining a healthy scalp and lustrous hair.
2. Carrots : Carrots contain Vitamin A that also improves hair growth.
3. Eggs : Eggs help in rebuild damaged hair. They are rich in vitamin B that helps hair grow.
4. Oats : Oats are rich in fibre, zinc, iron, omega-6 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids that stimulate hair growth and will make your hair thick and healthy.
5. Lentils : Lentils are a great source of protein, iron, zinc, folic acid and biotin, which is necessary for restoring the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with much-needed oxygen.
6. Walnuts : Walnuts strengthen hair cuticles and nourish the scalp. It helps protect your cells.
7. Chicken : Chicken are rich in high quality protein which strengthens fragile hair and prevents breakage.
8. Strawberries : Strawberries contain high levels of silica, helps in hair strength and hair growth.
9. Sweet potatoes : Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta carotene that protects against dry, dull hair and stimulates the glands in your scalp to make an oily fluid.
Natural tips to control hair fall :
1. Aloe Vera : Aloe Vera is an effective home remedy for hair loss and to boost hair growth. It is also effective in reducing problems of scalp like itching and flaking. Take the stalk of Aloe Vera and extract the pulp. Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 45 minutes. Rinse with normal water. You can do this three to four times a week to see better results.
2. Amla : Amla is another effective home remedy to stop hair fall. You can mix lime juice and the amla powder to make a paste. Massage it to your scalp and hair. Use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste doesn’t dry out. Keep it for an hour and then rinse it off with normal water.
3. Onion juice : It promotes hair growth and controls loss of hair. To extract onion juice, grind the onion and then squeeze out the juice. Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to your scalp. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and a mild shampoo. Follow this procedure once a week and see the difference.
4. Coconut Milk : The protein and essential fats in it promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. Grate a medium-sized coconut and simmer it in a pan for five minutes. Strain and cool. Then add one tablespoon each of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk. Apply on your scalp and hair. After 20 minutes, rinse with a shampoo.
5. Beetroot Juice : It acts as a detoxification agent by helping keep the scalp clean. Boil 7-8 beetroot leaves and grind along with 5-6 henna leaves. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
6. Green tea : This tea is rich in antioxidants, which help boost hair growth and prevent hair loss. Soak two-three teabags in one-two cups of hot water depending on the length of your hair. When it cools, pour this over your scalp and hair, while gently massaging your head. Rinse with cool water after an hour.
7. Egg mask : Eggs are rich in sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein, which together help promote hair growth. separate one egg white in a bowl and add a teaspoon each of olive oil and honey. Beat to make a paste and apply it all over from root to tips. After 20 minutes, rinse with a mild shampoo.
By following the above tips on how to control hair fall naturally at home, you will definitely experience noticeable results. However, if none of these tips are working, it is advisable to consult a doctor before the condition worsens. If you have any question, idea, suggestion or complain, please reply below in comment box, mail us at email@example.com or contact us on social media Facebook Twitter