Deepika Padukone is a popular Indian film actress and model. She gained popularity with films like Om Shanti Om and Bajirao Mastani. She is one of the highest paid actress of India. In 2012, she was named India’s Most Beautiful Woman by the Indian edition of People magazine.
Personal Life :
Deepika Padukone was born on 5 January 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark and brought up in Bengaluru, India. She belongs to a middle class Brahmin Family. Her father Prakash Padukone is a former badminton player and also the first Indian badminton player who won the All England Championship. Her mother Ujjala Padukone is a travel agent. She has a sister Anisha Padukone, who is a golfer. Also Read : Sunny Leone Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
Deepika Padukone did her schooling from Sophia High School, Bengaluru, and later attended Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru for her pre-university education. She then enrolled in Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi for a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology but quit soon due to scheduling conflicts with her modelling career. On 15 November 2018 Deepika Padukone and Ranveer singh Tied the Knot near Lake Como in Italy.
In 2004, Deepika Padukone started working as a model. In 2005, She walked the ramp at the Lakme Fashion Week. She appeared in the music video Naam Hai Tera, sung by Himesh Reshammiya. She started learning acting at Anupam Kher‘s acting institute, and in 2006, she made her acting debut with the Kannada film Aishwarya, in which she played the lead role.
Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya. However, due to some unknown reasons, the role went to Sonam Kapoor. In 2007, she got a chance to play the lead role in Farah Khan’s super hit film Om Shanti Om. Her performance was praised by the viewers and she won the filmfare award for best female debut for her work.
Her movies Bachna ae Haseeno and Houseful were not so successful for her but her other movies Love Aaj Kal in which she worked alongside Saif Ali Khan and Lafangay Parinday in which she worked with Neil Nitin Mukesh were quite appreciated. Her movie Cocktail opened the doors of success for her. In this movie, she worked alongside Saif Ali Khan and Diana penty. Also Read : Urvashi Rautela Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
Deepika’s other movies include Yeh Jawani hai Deewani, Chennai Express, Bajirao Mastani and Padmavat. Her exceptional acting in Ram Leela in which she worked with Ranveer Singh and Piku in which she worked alongside Irfan Khan brought her two filmfare awards for best actress. She has also played a role in a Hollywood movie XXX: Return Of the Xander Cage. She has won a number of awards for her acting skills.
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Om Shanti Om – 2008
- International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award for Best Female Debut for Om Shanti Om – 2008
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress Award for Goliyon Ki Raasleela : Ram Leela – 2014
- International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award for Best Actress Award for Chennai Express – 2014
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress Award for Piku – 2016
- International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award for Best Actress Award for Piku – 2016
- On 14 September 2014, the Times of India tweeted about Deepika Padukone’s cleavage show to which the actress got infuriated. In response, she wrote: Yes I am a woman. I have breasts. I have cleavage. You got a problem?. However, the Times of India’s tweet was removed.
- On Karan Johar’s talk show, she said that Ranbir Kapoor should start endorsing a condom brand.
- Another controversy erupted when the Sikh Code of Conduct was violated on the occasion of her marriage ceremony in Italy.
- On 7 January 2020, she was in Delhi for the promotion of her movie Chhapaak and visited the protesting students at Jawaharlal Nehru University to express her solidarity against the JNU attack. Social media was abuzz with comments from netizens with the hashtags boycottchhapaak and IStandwithDeepika trending simultaneously on Twitter.
Wiki – Bio :
|Date of Birth / Age :||5 January 1986, 34 years (as in 2020)
|Nick Name :||Deepu, Deepi, Deepz|
|Full Name :||Deepika Padukone|
|Birth Place :||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Home Town :||Bengaluru, India|
|Current Place :||Mumbai, India|
|Height :||174 Cm|
|Weight :||58 Kg|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Brahmin|
|Body Measurement :||34-26-34|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Capricorn|
|Education :||High School, College drop out|
|School :||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College / University :||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru, IGNOUI (discontinued)|
|Debut Film :||Kannada – Aishwarya (2006), Hindi – Om Shanti Om (2007), Hollywood – XXX : Return of Xander Cage (2017)|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Husband :||Ranveer Singh (Married 15 november 2018)|
|Parents :||Prakash Padukone (Father), Ujjala Padukone (Mother)|
|Siblings :||Anisha Padukone (Sister)|
|Boyfriends / Affairs / Ex Gossips :||Nihar Pandya, Upen Patel, Muzammil Ibrahim, Yuvraj Singh, Ranbir Kapoor, Siddharth Mallya, Ranveer Singh|
|Net Income / Worth :||110 Cr (aaprox) / $20 Million (aaprox)|
|Hobbies :||Dancing, Reading books, playing Badminton|
|Food Habit :||Non-Vegetarian|
|Favorite Food :||Pasta, Biryani, South Indian Food, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Favorite Destination :||France, Maldives|
|Favorite Actor :||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Favorite Actress :||Hema Malini, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta|
|Favorite Films :||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man|
|Favorite Singer :||A R Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Designers :||Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Favorite Brand :||Zara|
|Favorite Sports / Players :||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Cars Collection :||Audi Q7, Audi A8, Mini Cooper, BMW 5-Series|
|Address :||B/Cozihom, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai 400050|
|Contact / Email :||N/A|
|Social Profile :||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Some Known Facts About Deepika Padukone :
- Does Deepika Padukone Smoke? : Not Known.
- Does Deepika Padukone drink alcohol? : Not Known.
- She was not a social person at a young age and had very few friends.
- She is a very efficient badminton player and has played in national level championships.
- In order to become a model, she relocated to Mumbai from Bengaluru and stayed at her aunt’s home.
- Deepika made her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.
- Deepika won the Model of the Year award at the 5th annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- In 2004, she came into limelight with her oof yu maa! ad for Liril Orange.
- Her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor started while the filming of Bachna Ae Haseeno.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelancer writer for HT City, the lifestyle supplement of Hindustan Times.
- For her role as Suzy in the film Chandni Chowk to China, she learned a Japanese martial art form Jujutsu, and performed all the stunts herself.
- In 2010, she adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra, to provide the villagers with the basic amenities, such as water and electricity.
- She is the chairperson of the Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image.
- She has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- In 2015, she founded the Live Love Laugh foundation, to prevent and deal with depression.
- In 2016, she became the highest-paid actress of Bollywood after the grand success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Bajirao Mastani.
- She is quite vocal about issues like depression and feminism.
- She is very systematic at doing things and has a habit of listing down everything.
We do not confirm the veracity of above written article, based on information available in public domain, OS and SM. If you find anything incorrect or want to add something new, let me know to correct or add the fact. Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. you can also contact us on Twitter and Facebook.