Sonu Sood is an Indian actor, model, film producer and a humanitarian who acts primarily in Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Punjabi and English movies.
Personal Life :
Sonu Sood was born on 30 July 1973 in Moga, Punjab, India. He hails from a Punjabi family. His father is a businessman and his mother is a professor of English. He has two sisters. He did his schooling in Punjab and later moved to Nagpur and successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering. In his final year of studying engineering at Nagpur, Sood participated in the Grasim Mr. India contest, and made it to the top five. Sood is happily married to Sonali Sood in 1996, and they have two sons, Ishan and Ayaan. Also Read : Ranbir Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
In May 2020, during the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sonu Sood was hailed for helping migrants. He helped thousands of stranded Indian migrant workers in mumbai to reach their homes throughout India by arranging buses, special trains and chartered flights for them. While talking about it in an interview, Sonu said, “It gave me sleepless nights when I saw visuals of people walking hundreds of kilometres to reach their villages”.
In 1999, Sonu Sood was introduced to Tamil language films with Kallazhagar and Nenjinile. He then appeared as an antagonist in the Telugu film Hands Up!. In 2001, he appeared in Majunu. He then began starring in Hindi films, with Shaheed-E-Azam, as Bhagat Singh in 2002. He earned recognition as Abhishek Bachchan’s brother in Mani Ratnam’s Yuva in 2004 and in Aashiq Banaya Aapne in 2005.
In Tollywood, with the release of Super in 2005, Sonu Sood received greater recognition for his work. In this film, his co-star was Nagarjuna as a high-tech thief. His next film was Athadu. In 2006, he again portrayed the antagonist in Ashok. In 2009, he played the role of Pasupathy in Arundhati. He played the role of Rajkumar Sujamal in the Indian epic film Jodha Akbar, directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. Also Read : Deepika Padukone Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
In 2009, Sonu played the role of gangster Bada in Anjaneyulu opposite Ravi Teja. In the latter half of 2009, he acted in another Telugu film Ek Niranjan, in which he again played the antagonist. In 2010, he played the lead antagonist in Abhinav Kashyap’s Dabangg co-starring with Salman Khan. He also starred in a number of TV commercials for Airtel, Apollo Tyres etc. In July 2016, he founded a production house named Shakti Sagar Productions, which is called Shakti Sagar Sood after his father.
He is best known for roles in blockbuster films such as Yuva – 2004; Athadu, Aashiq Banaya Aapne – 2005; Jodha Akbar, Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi – 2008; Dabangg – 2010; Dookudu – 2011; Shootout at Wadala – 2013; Happy New Year – 2014; Gabbar Is Back – 2015; Kung Fu Yoga – 2017; Simmba – 2018
- In the year 2009, Sonu Sood received Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Award for the Best Villain as well as Filmfare Award for the Best Supporting Actor Telugu for his remarkable acting in Telugu blockbuster movie Arundhati.
- In 2010, Sonu Sood won IIFA Award for the Best Performance in a Negative Role for Bollywood megahit movie Dabangg and Apsara Award for the Best Actor in a Negative Role. In the year 2012, he won SIIMA Award for the Best Actor in a Negative Role for the movie Julayi.
- A fraud case was filed against him by producer Sheetal Talwar as he lent him a certain property in Yari Road, Mumbai on the condition that it was free of any legal dispute , but it wasn’t.
- Sonu Sood attracted controversy after he stepped out of the Bollywood film, Manikarnika : The Queen Of Jhansi. When the Bollywood actress, Kangana Ranaut alleged him of leaving the film because he was not willing to work with a female director, Sonu said, “Kangana is a dear friend and she will always reamin one but this entire issue about male chauvinism is ridiculous. The gender of the director is not the issue. Competence is. Let’s not confuse the two. I have worked with Farah Khan who’s a competent woman director and Farah and I had a great professional equation and we are still best of friends. That’s all, I would like to say.
Wiki – Bio :
|Date of Birth / Age :||30 July 1973 / 47 Years (as in 2020)
|Nick Name :||Sonu|
|Full Name :||Sonu Sood|
|Birth Place :||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Home Town :||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Leo|
|Height :||185 Cm|
|Education :||Graduation in Electronic Engineering|
|School :||Sacred Heart School, Moga|
|College / University :||Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur|
|Profession :||Actor, Model, Producer|
|Debut films :||Kallazhagar (Tamil) – 1999, Hands Up! (Telugu) – 2000, Shaheed-E-Azam (Hindi) – 2002, Rockin Meera (English) – 2006|
|Net Income / Worth :||N/A|
|Affairs / Girlfriends / Ex :||N/A|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Wife / Spouse :||Sonali Sood|
|Children :||Ayaan Sood, Eshaan Sood|
|Parents :||Shakti Sagar Sood (Father), Saroj Sood (Mother)|
|Siblings :||Monika Sood. Malvika Sachar (Sisters)|
|Hobbies :||Playing the Guitar, Doing Workout, Kick-Boxing|
|Food Habit :||Vegetarian|
|Favorite Food :||Aloo Paratha|
|Favorite Destination :||N/A|
|Favorite Actor :||Amitabh Bachchan, Sylvester Stallone|
|Favorite Actress :||Sridevi, Raveena Tandon|
|Favorite Film :||Dabangg|
|Favorite Singer / Musician :||R D Burman|
|Car Collection :||Porsche, Audi Q7|
|Address :||Mumbai, India|
|Contact / Email :||N/A|
|Social Profile :||Twitter Facebook Instagram|
Some Known Facts About Sonu Sood :
- Does Sonu Sood smoke?: No.
- Does Sonu Sood drink alcohol?: No.
- After completing his schooling, Sonu worked at his father’s showroom in Moga for a while.
- He spent his initial days in Mumbai in a one-room-kitchen apartment with six other boys.
- During his struggling days in Mumbai, he did a job in a private firm in South Mumbai to support his everyday expenses.
- As his job involved field work, he got a monthly train pass made from Borivali to Churchgate.
- From his office job, he used to earn Rs. 4500 per month.
- He has also featured in the Chinese film, Xuanzang.
- Due to the common surname, once Miss India finalist and actress Asmita Sood, was mistaken as his sister.
- He is very particular about his fitness and hits the gym regularly.
- He is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- He did a film Kung Fu Yoga with Jackie Chan, during the shoot of which they became good friends.
We do not confirm the veracity of above written article, based on information available in public domain, OS and SM. If you find anything incorrect or want to add something new, let me know to correct or add the fact. Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. you can also contact us on Twitter and Facebook.